Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Sweet Sound of Idiocy

Forced to ride the bus again today. Normally I can strap on a pair of headphones and block out the jumble of noise, but today was extra special. I went and unknowingly sat myself in front of a pair of stoners and listening to their conversation, I felt my brain dribbling out my ears a little bit at a time.
It went something like this.

Stoner 1: Man, we should have got smoothies.
Stoner 2: Yeah, smoothies.
Stoner 1: You know how they have those smoothies with tropical nectar?
Stoner 2: Yeah, tropical nectar, awesome.
Stoner 1: What’s tropical nectar?
Stoner 2: Maybe it’s like a nectarine.
Stoner 1: Yeah, maybe that’s it.

At this point I didn’t put my headphones on, because I was listening to them in disbelief. Is it possible for two people to be that stupid? One person maybe, but what are the chances of two being exactly the same amount of stupid? Did they find each other that way? Perhaps idiots have some sort of “spider-sense” when it comes to other idiots.
“Hold on, my stupid senses are tingling!”
The conversation behind me resumed.

Stoner 2: I like grapes the best
Stoner 1: Grapes would be so good right now.
Stoner 2: They’re so juicy and crunchy. They’re just so cold, man.
Stoner 1: Or Mangoes. Those are awesome.
Stoner 2: Do you think they have a Booster Juice here?
Stoner 1: Maybe, we should get off the bus if they do.
Stoner 2: Yeah man, I would, like, throw myself from the bus if I saw one just now.
Stoner 1: Duck and roll, man!

I wondered if I stood up and pointed out the window yelling “Look! A Booster Juice!” Would they actually throw themselves from the moving vehicle?
It almost seemed worth a shot.
The opportunity passed.

Stoner 1: Man, when we get on the ferries, we should look at those big chains on the front of the boat.
Stoner 2: Oh man, those chains are awesome.
Stoner 1: I wish I could take those chains and attach them to my wallet. I would wear the ferry chains and be like “Bam! Those are hanging out of my pocket, bro!”
Stoner 2: Do you think the boat has a Booster Juice?

I kid you not, I counted how many fricking times those two said “Booster Juice” and right before they said it for the ninth time I swore to myself if I heard the word one more time I was going to turn around and wrap the cord from my headphones around their necks and attempt to strangle the stupid right out of them.

Stoner 1: Man, I’m gonna stick this sticker on the side of the bus.
Stoner 2: Leave your phone number, then some hot chick will sit there next.
Stoner 1: Yeah, dude! That would be so funny.
Stoner 2: Then she’ll call you and you’ll go out for a date and then get married and have kids.
Stoner 1: And then we can take our kids to Booster Juice-

Woops! There’s my stop.

1 comment: